This was a fun project! All you need for this is a nice piece of wood, 2 colors of paint, vinyl lettering, and the damask design in vinyl. First I painted the wood tan, and let it dry really well. Once it was dry, I put my damask vinyl design on. Then I painted the soft black OVER the entire vinyl design. I did a couple of coats so the paint looked real sharp. Then I PEELED the vinyl damask design off, revealing the tan underneath! I found in my many experiments that you HAFTA get the good tole paints--like Delta Ceramcoat or Americana. I tried the off brand paints with a project like this one, where you peel the vinyl off, and all it did was peel the paint off with it. It was a disaster. So stick with the good stuff! Next I put my vinyl lettering on over my design, and voila! Just get a cute little stand to display it on and you've got a really fancy decoration!
Since Easter is coming up, I just have to show you all this card I made! The broken buttons took some muscle--as well as a sock and some pliers! I used the sock (clean :-) )as a shield so I wouldn't scratch the buttons with the pliers as I broke them. My husband says I could put this card in a shadowbox type frame and make it into a holiday decoration if I wanted to. Great idea, Honey!
Alright, the next two fall under my furniture refinishing hobby!
Before---this is what we call our "hobby chair"--I'm not really sure how this name came about, I think it might be because at one point I had a lot of my craftin' things piled high on it.
I wanted to fix this one up so it matched our tan sectional (you can kinda see it in the background there). So I went to Home Fabrics and bought some tan microsuede fabric that was a dead on match to our couch. I have NEVER reupholstered anything in my life, but I wanted to give it a try. So I ripped those green covers off and took them apart. I wanted to use those as a pattern for the new covers. Of course that didn't quite work out like I had hoped. So I had to figure it out as I went, and it actually turned out REALLY nice! I was super excited with the results. I also refinished the body of the chair and painted it a nice soft black to match our couch.
Here's the AFTER.....