Thursday, May 27, 2010

Paper Covered Treasure Box

I just love working with paper...especially on wood with Mod-Podge! I made this treasure box for my husband to put memories of us in...any cards we've given each other, love notes, ticket stubs from dates, pictures, little trinkets...fun things like that. I thought it'd be nice to have all those treasures in one place (it's already full!). I got the wooden box at the craft store--it was plain and screaming to be dressed up. To do this, I removed the metal pieces that were removable--pieces that were screwed in. The other pieces I had to cut the paper to fit around them. I cut my paper to fit each side, then I adhered the paper to the box using Mod-Podge. I inked the sides with a dark brown chalk box. I also applied the "together forever" vinyl and hand wrote our names at the top. Next, I sealed it with the Mod-Podge, waited for it to completely dry, and then I reattached all the metal pieces I removed.

{I had to cut the paper to fit around these pieces.}


{I was able to remove these pieces before adhering the paper to the box.}

The final product---it looks like the paper is a little pink--but it is actually a pretty red--just so you know :-)

6 comments:

  1. That is really pretty! Great job.

    Autumn
    TheFickleHobbyist.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. very neat idea, sounds like you're gonna have to make him another one now!
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out so pretty. I like all of the details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like a vintage antique. I can't believe you're patience at cutting around the metal pieces! It's just darling.

    Have you shared with Amy @ ModpodgeRocks?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for your nice comments! Colleen--I haven't shared with ModpodgeRocks--I'll have to do that--thanks for the tip!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi love all your projects.I'm a new follower from FRiendly Friday

    Feel free to check out my blog:
    theoverloadedmommy.blogspot.com

    Casey

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...