Saturday, April 10, 2010

Baby Dinosaur


My husband and I were reading in a magazine that black and white patterns are really good for a baby because of the contrast, and so I thought that it would be fun to make our little boy a stuffed animal using that type of pattern. It was a bit of a trial and error process because I created my own pattern for the dinosaur, plus I've never sewn a stuffed animal--I've crocheted them before, but this is a different story. I had a blast drawing it all out and getting just the right look I wanted. The toughest part was getting the dinosaur's back just right, I had to undo my stitch around that curve and take in the red minkee. But it turned out fantastic! I thought this fabric was cute because it looked boy-ish. I used red minkee too, for the soft texture. I used felt for the eyes and a hypo-allergenic, washable polyester fiber fill for the stuffing. When I gave it to him, he grabbed for it right away---it made all that hard work worthwhile. :-)

3 comments:

  1. Hi - enjoyed reading through your blog. Found you through The Girl Creative New Friend Friday link....

    Cheers,
    VF @ www.vintagefokus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the cute things you have on your blog. The dino is super cute and i love the bag. Following you and would love for you to follow me back :)
    Come see my blog.
    Frenchy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that!!!! I am a new friend from New Friend Friday - my fav tv show is Bones

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...